Yesterday afternoon we flew to the island of Tobago (which is really part of the country of Trinidad & Tobago). The flight was all of 15 minutes!!!! Terrific! We were sent to Tobago by President Mehr to check out the local hospitals and clinics to see where we should send our missionaries in the event of an accident, illness or emergency. I (Lynne) have also been asked to hold a workshop to teach the local members how to lead music. This part could be a joke! Really! We will see how it all pans out. Tobago is absolutely gorgeous. It's been a nice to get to see it. The country is only 26 miles long and not very wide. A hurricane wiped it out in 1963. During the rebuilding, the government decided to get rid of the farming areas and make it a tourist destination. That is what we see today. Our church has only been on this island for 5 years. The Branch has about 80 members, 40 of which come. That's 50%!!! Pretty good, really. Joe and Nettie Linton, who were in our ward in Highland 30 years ago, are the Senior missionary couple here. I think they said there are 6 missionaries on this island. Elder Linton is the Branch President. They have been wonderful hosts. We are staying at their apartment on the Atlantic side of the island. We fly out tomorrow morning. It's been a productive day. One hospital wanted nothing to do with us, even though we had an appointment with them...and another one treated us like royalty. Go figure. Once again, I'll post photos that look like we just play around all day long. It's pretty tough being in a place that is this beautiful.
Flying on Caribbean Airlines
The Lintons drove us over to visit with a family. Our church, in partnership with the local Catholic church, is building this home for the family. It was remarkable! Only one young man was at home.
I love this picture of their colorful clothesline!
Sunrise from our room this morning
Our morning walk along the beach with the Lintons. Rough life, I know!
This little Caribbean cove on the island is where the baptisms take place. Beautiful!
This is the steep stairway to the baptism cove
Ran into some church members while visiting the hospital.
I love clothes line pictures!
ReplyDeleteI'm obsessed with them too!!!! What's with that?
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSara, how are you, my friend? I talked face to face with half of your family this weekend. Now, it's our turn!
ReplyDelete