I know, I know! It's a rough life, but somebody's gotta do it. Might as well be us!!!!
We had our first reptilian visitor in our apartment. He was 2 inches long!
Sunday morning, we went to a missionary apartment for a "group" meeting for church. These group meetings are for church members and investigators of our church who live too far away from a chapel. This group meeting had 16 people there, including 4 missionaries and 2 other church members. The investigators were 3 families. This meeting was held in Valencia, Trinidad.
On Sunday afternoon we went to another Missionary apartment where they are holding a "group" meeting for 35 people, all of which were investigators. These are all such top notch missionaries. We are sooooo impressed!
Elder Grange, spraying his apartment with permethrin insecticide.
We found this little friend in our apartment after spraying insecticide. Bye bye!
This is our GREAT 2 bedroom, airconditioned apartment. Love it! I guess even nice, clean apartments get little (big) 6 legged friends who come to visit.
Did some sight-seeing on Saturday, August 10. Went to Maracas Beach, ate some "Bake and Shark" (it was excellent), a storm came in and curtailed the activities, but we had a great day. Watched the beautiful blue ocean turn brown with the storm water. The following pix are some of the sights from the excursion.
Elder and Sister Monson and Sister Sue ray
yummy
Had a hard time choosing which treat we wanted. Looked like diarrhea in a bottle. Ick.
Storm moving in.....
Storm upon us. Within minutes the blue water turned brown!
I love your blog! Thank you for sharing your pics and stories. It looks like a great place!
ReplyDeleteI love it! How fun. Except for the cockroaches. Don't eat any.
ReplyDeleteAwesome - it looks very beautiful there (and a little humid). Great to see the mission updates! Thanks for sharing. (This is Tyler again BTW)
ReplyDeletehmmmmmmmm...... pig tail soup! How delightful. You have so many culinary wonders to choose from. I bet I could lose some weight living there. I hope you have ice in your fridge so Kent can have some cool. At the rate you two are going, your mission will be over before it has begun! By the way, we found out we could do a mission right here in Heber Valley at the girls camp doing range management. You drive around the mountains all day, killing weeds, checking property, putting out fires etc. All you wear is jeans and boots. I think we may try for that mission in the next couple of years. sounds perfect to me. ann
ReplyDelete