Elder and Sister Smith

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

THE FORCE

We had 22 new missionaries that flew to our mission last night.  They came into the office today for orientation.  It's a HUGE day for these guys.  I feel kind of sorry for them beause I'm sure they didn't get much sleep, then we bore them to death the next day with TONS of information about food and water and staying healthy and cars and rules and on and on.  They also eat lots of food, have interviews with Pres. Mehr, send an email home (I think), and have a good day getting to know the mission.

The highlight for us was that Elder Chase Larson from our Ward in Neola was with this force of Elders.  He was one of Kent's Young Men when he was N2 YM Pres.  I heard Elder Larson respond to someone's question when asked how well he knew us.  Elder L. said "We're pretty much best friends". I thought that was an amazing thing for a youngster to say about his oldy moldy friends!

It was a GREAT day!


Picking up Elder Larson at the Port of Spain airport


Sister Smith waiting for the new missionaries to arrive at the office



 Newbies at the office, still in a daze....


 Buddies, Elders Smith and Larson.  When did Elder L. get taller than Uncle Kent?


 A bunch of 18 year old Elders!!!  Isn't it exciting?!!


THE FORCE!!!!  Elder Larson is in the back of the hallway.


At the office


 At the airport, still in their suit jackets (which they will never wear again until going home)


Meeting Pres. Mehr


MAY THE FORCE BE WITH US IN THE WEST INDIES

1 comment: