Here is a brief overview of our week.
We helped Elders Ferrin and Collins teach a lesson on eternal families and temple blessings to the Seegobin family. About a year and 1/2 ago, their son was baptised, then a few months later their daughter was baptised. Since we've been here, Michelle, the mother was baptised....then last week their father was baptised. This picture was taken in their family store which is attached to their home.
This photo is of Bro. Seegobin outside of the home/store
Loved these pretty flowers on our way to Las Cuevas beach
Kind of fun to be the first one to walk on the beach in the early morning hours!
Had a huge, but wonderful day, today. It all began with an 8:00 A.M. baptism of Hemraj (Wayne) Katwaroo who was baptised by Elder Blackburn. Elders Kippen and Juchau also helped teach him.
After our church meetings I was waiting around for Elder Smith, who was having a meeting with the Elder's Quorum President. While waiting, I went outside the church and snapped a few pictures. This home is next door to the chapel. I love clotheslines! We see so few of them at home.
These lovely ladies are Sisters Phillips, Nisbath (or Nasbith or Basnath or something like that), Christopher
After church, we went to the "group" meeting in Matura. I worked with the children on Primary songs for the Sacrament meeting program in 2 weeks.
And look what I found outside of our apartment this week. I only let out a small yelp. Don't know who was more startled, the iguana or me. He was very patient, however, as I went inside to get my camera and came back to find him still sitting there. He is my favorite color!!!!
Funny, he's the first iguana we have seen here.
T'was a wonderful week!! A new missionary couple, The Thompson's, arrived on Monday night. We are sticking pretty close to them, doing mission training and such. We spent 2 days getting their apartment ready for their arrival. Kent taught Elder Thompson how to drive on the left side of the road in this crazy place. They seem to be catching on.
We received a call from a fellow in the U.S., Jans Wilson, who wanted to let us know that his buddy from West Virginia was in Trinidad. He's not a member of our church, but Jans is. He's lonely, so we said we would look him up. His name is Phil Fisher and we had a very entertaining evening with him. We asked if he would like to listen to the missionaries...he said 'yes'! Elders Ferrin and Collins taught him a lesson and took him to church today. He's such a colorful guy. I think we will call him later this week and get together again.
We bought new mattresses for Sisters Taylor and Grigg this week. We carried them from the store to the apartment. We had several offers to transport this troop of mattresses walking down the road. I'm sure we were quite the sight.
Went out past Matura to teach a lesson on the Restoration of the gospel tonight with Elders Grange and Evans. We love doing this with our young missionaries and feel so blessed that they invite us to come.
What a wonderful way to end our week!!!! The Savior lives and He has restored His true and living church on the earth today.
We leave for Guyana tomorrow to tour some medical facilities. Next week's post will be interesting, so stay tuned!
Thanks for the reminder of why we are here on the earth. It's easy to get so wrapped up in the day to day stuff, and put the real important things aside. What a wonderful opportunity for you guys. Love to read and see your posts.
ReplyDeleteI have two links to your blog: one is this, and another is the draft version. Don't know why I have both. This one works, though, so I'll use it from now on. ♥
ReplyDeleteI could handle this type of mission. Early morning runs on the beach, meetings with local church leaders, teaching the primary songs, chasing lizards, teaching folks.............................Blast
ReplyDelete