Elder and Sister Smith

Sunday, February 16, 2014

"ALL HIS CREATIONS, OF WHICH I'M A PART"

Most of the thoughts on this week's blog come from Russell M. Nelson.

Scripture tells us that "the earth is full, and there is enough and to spare; yea, I prepared all things."  D&C104:17

It is difficult for mortal minds to comprehend the majesty of the Creation.  It is much easier for us to think about good things to eat or fun things to do.  The creation of man and woman was wondrous and great.  So was the creation of the earth as their mortal dwelling place.
 Each phase of the creation was well planned before it was accomplished.  Scripture tells us that "the Lord God created all things...spiritually, before they were naturally upon the face of the earth."  Moses 3:5
The physical Creation itself was staged through ordered periods of time.

Period one included the creation of atmospheric heavens and physical earth, culminating in the emergence of light from darkness.  Genesis 1:1-5




In period two, the waters were divided between the surface of the earth and its atmospheric heavens.  Provision was made for clouds and rain to give life to all that would later dwell upon the earth.
Genesis 1:6-8






In period three, plant life began.  The earth was organized to bring forth grass, herbs, trees, and vegetation; each growing from its own seed.  Genesis 1:9-13


















nutmeg
cocoa








Period 4 was a time of further development.  Lights in the expanse of the heaven were organized so there could be seasons and other means of measuring time.  During this period, the sun, the moon, the stars, and the earth were placed in proper relationship to one another.  The sun, with its vast stores of hydrogen, was to serve as a giant furnace to provide light and heat for the earth and life upon it.
Genesis 1:14-19

In period five, fish, fowl, and "every living creature" were added.  They were made fruitful and were able to multiply after its own kind.  Genesis 1:20-23





In the sixth period, creation of life continued.  The beasts of the earth were made after their kind, cattle after their own kind, and everything which "creepeth upon the earth";  again, after its own kind.  Genesis 1:24-31






monkey


Then the Gods counseled together and said "Let us go down and form man in our image, after our likeness......





We are so grateful to these young, strapping missionaries who give their heart and soul to God's great work here on the earth.  They dedicate 18 months to 2 years to the Lord.  For most of them, it's like paying tithing (1/10th) on their life thus far.  They recognize from whom their blessings come and they are willing to give back to Him, the Giver of the Gifts.  When they sing "I Am A Child of God", they think of the gift of their own physical body.  The many amazing attributes of the body attest to their Divine Nature.
Each organ of the body is a wondrous gift from God.  Each eye has an autofocusing lens.  Nerves and muscles control 2 eyes to make a single three-dimensional image.  The eyes are connected to the brain, which records the sights seen.
Your heart is an incredible pump.  Your heart pumps about 2,000 gallons per day.  It has 4 delicate valves that control the direction of blood flow.  These valves open and close more than 100,000 times per day, 36 million times per year.  Yet without disease, they are able to withstand such stress almost indefinitely.
Think of the body's defense system.  To protect it from harm, it perceives pain.  In response to infection, it generates antibodies.  The skin provides protection.  It warns against injury that excessive heat or cold might cause.


The body heals its own cuts, bruises and broken bones.  Its capacity for reproduction is another gift from God.

 Anyone who studies the workings of the body has surely "seen God moving in His majesty and power."
 Yet, some people erroneously think that these marvelous physical attributes happened by chance or resulted from a big bang somewhere.
 Ask yourself, "could an explosion in a printing shop produce a dictionary?"  The likelihood is most remote.  But if so, it could never heal its own torn pages or reproduce its own newer editions!
 Ours is the responsibility to teach God's children and awaken in them an awareness of God.  Long ago, King Benjamin said:
 "Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth......
 Believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things see that ye do them."





The evidence of God is all around us.  We testify that the earth and all life upon it are of divine origin. 

"Whenever I hear the song of a bird or look at the blue, blue sky.  
Whenever I feel the rain on my face or the wind as it rushes by.
Whenever I touch a velvet rose or walk by a lilac tree,
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world Heavenly Father created for me.
He gave me my eyes that I might see the color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear the magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart.  I thank Him reverently,
For all His creations, of which I'm a part, yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.










3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love checking up on your latest happenings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heidi. We love what we are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED THIS POST. So beautifully put. I have been thinking more about the creation because of some recent trips to the temple;)

    ReplyDelete